Thursday, March 10, 2011

Post Mortem

What went well - EVERYTHING

What went wrong - EVERYTHING!

Ok just kidding.

What went well - Mr. Buracks Leadership went well. At first he was feeling I think less than wanting of the job title. He kind of fell into the post. He's great, always motivating and making sure we are on track.
The ideas fell right into place and I think that was a good reason for why we did so well this term. Things kept going right in the design proccess.

As for things that went wrong, There will most likely be a big list of this next term.. but hopefully not. We haven't truly started production yet and we are ahead of schedule, what more can you ask for?

April has been gunho from the getgo on learning Unity and diving right into the code. Not something i'd willing want to do so kutos to her. She's doing great and already has one of our mechanics in place so YAY!


We learned a great deal about the proccess and production of a game and I can't wait to get into the nitty gritty business of putting this all together next term.

As for a personal post mortem on my job title as modeler I am quite pleased with how Anarkitty turned out. I  surprised myself actually. At first I was scared to even try. Angie did such an awesome job on the concept of Anarkitty I was afraid i'd ruin him in 3DS Max. I didn't ruin him though! I had no idea I could do what I did and now i'm excited and I can't wait to model Wesley.

What went wrong - I need to re  rig anarkitty and not use the biped for his bones. I'd like to also add in bones for his ears and separate his collar from his body to make animations smoother. I'm still learning but getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment